If you require replacements for an entire upper or lower arch of teeth, you may be a candidate for a full-arch replacement using a revolutionary treatment concept called Teeth-in-an-Hour. Teeth-in-an-Hour provides patients with an entire arch of fully functioning, dental implant-supported teeth in a single procedure that takes about an hour. Like individual dental implants, full-arch replacement is permanent and secure — your new, full-arch of teeth will be fixed in place, freeing you from the inconvenience of traditional dentures, which tend to slip out of place and are often not as comfortable as implant-based tooth restorations.
This implant surgery often causes less post-operative discomfort, less swelling, and less bruising than if the patient were to receive individual implants. The good news is, like individual implants, Teeth-in-an-Hour offers the benefit of protecting your jaw from bone loss.
Not only does the Teeth-in-an-Hour treatment allow you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence again, we find that many of our patients are good candidates for the procedure. During your consultation with one of our experienced oral surgeons at Dental Implant & Oral Surgery Specialists of Iowa, you and your oral surgeon will decide if this is the best treatment option for you.
Why should I choose Teeth-in-an-Hour?
Full-arch restoration using the Teeth-in-an-Hour treatment is a life-changing alternative to traditional, removable dentures. This treatment replaces a full upper or lower arch of teeth in one procedure and is, therefore, more cost-effective and efficient than using multiple individual implants — yet patients still benefit from the permanency and health benefits of having dental implants. And with a reduced healing time, Teeth-in-an-Hour allows you to enjoy your new smile much faster.
This dental implant-based surgery is a favorite many reasons:
- Less post-surgical discomfort, swelling, and a reduced healing time
- Permanent, non-removable replacement for multiple teeth
- Fully functional new teeth in one procedure
- Prevents bone loss and preserves oral health
Teeth-in-an-Hour offers a full-arch of new teeth that are custom designed for your mouth and will look and function just like natural teeth. In most cases, you will receive a temporary set of teeth the day of your procedure. Your restorative dentist will customize your final set during your healing time.
The Teeth-in-an-Hour Procedure
Your Teeth-in-an-Hour treatment team consists of you, your oral surgeon, and your restorative dentist. The process begins the day of your consultation with one of our surgeons. A CT scan is taken of your jaw bone to allow for the creation of a very precise surgical guide for planning the implant placements. Based on our advanced diagnostic tools, your oral health condition, and your choice of anesthesia, a unique treatment plan for your dental restoration will be created. The surgical procedure will be performed in the comfort of our surgical suite and generally goes as follows:
- Anesthesia. Our doctors are highly trained in office anesthesia and sedation and will administer the anesthesia that was chosen during your consultation. Our staff is trained in assisting with anesthesia, including IV anesthesia, and patients are monitored closely during and after surgery.
- Placement of the implants. Your oral surgeon will place dental implant posts into the bone beneath your gums. These implants are the permanent foundation for your new custom-made prosthetic teeth.
- Temporary fixed denture. While your implant sites are healing, a natural-looking temporary denture will be placed. Once the implant sites heal completely, your permanent prosthesis will be placed.
- Healing period. Full recovery after dental implant surgery can take three to six months. Implants must be allowed ample time to successfully fuse with the bone in your jaw to be a secure foundation for your new teeth. During the healing time, your permanent and final set of replacement teeth will be customized by your restorative dentist.
- Final set of custom-designed teeth. After your healing process is complete, the final prosthesis/denture will be placed. The beautiful result will be a new smile that looks and functions just like healthy, natural teeth. You will be able to eat, speak, and smile with confidence again, and you may even forget that you have had a dental restoration!
Full-Arch Restoration/Teeth-in-an-Hour in Hiawatha, IA
The Teeth-In-An-Hour treatment results in an efficient, cost-effective, and realistic solution to multiple missing or failing teeth that is also long-lasting and secure. If you would like to learn more about this advanced tooth replacement option, please contact Dental Implant & Oral Surgery Specialists of Iowa for a consultation. You will be given ample time during your initial consultation appointment to review your treatment and anesthesia options with your oral surgeon and have all of your questions answered. Our trusted oral and maxillofacial surgeons are highly trained and experienced in this procedure.