If you are having local anesthesia only
- Remember to take all your medications as prescribed by your physician.
If you are having IV sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to the time of your appointment.
- You may take your normal medications with a small sip of water.
- Please eat and drink as usual after the numbness resolves.
- No alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to surgery.
- A responsible adult (18 years or older) must accompany you to the office to drive you home after your surgery. Your escort must remain in the office until you are ready to go home and stay with you for the remainder of the day following surgery.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing for your comfort.
- If you wear contact lenses, please remove them and wear your glasses to your appointment for your safety.
- Following sedation, patients should not plan to drive, operate dangerous machinery, care for small children, or undertake any responsible business matters for 24 hours.
- If, prior to your procedure, you develop a cold, fever, or otherwise become ill, please contact us. Your appointment may need to be rescheduled.